“Ancient” remedies are the bases of making all the new creams, shampoos and other remedies for different matters, produced by companies.
These recipes, that are now hidden from the eyes of public, probably were once shared from a person to a person, based on their needs.
Here are a few of them, at least the ones my family tree uses and tells from generation to generation.
1. Pimple remedy.
The antiseptic, antibacterial and medicinal properties of turmeric are very wide. But making a paste with ground turmeric and lemon juice (as much as you need, but remember that it is always better to make a fresh remedy than let it stay for couple of days). Apply the paste on your pimples and let it dry, and it’s better to let it stay overnight. Rinse of in the morning and you will be surprised by the touch of your skin and the look of what was yesterday a terrible acne!
2. For glowing and mesmerizing skin
Tomato can do magic for your face as well! slice a tomato and rub it onto your face – it will tan your skin and make it glow. As for softer skin, you can mix tomato juice with some honey and thicken it enough as you gate a type of paste from both substances.
3. Get rid of acne scars
- Dab a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply it directly onto your acne scar, leave it for as long as you stay home and rinse off before going out. If you do this regularly, you won’t have a single scar of acne on your face! Your skin will look like baby’s skin.
- Using rosewater can also be of huge help. Mix it with some sandalwood powder and make a thick paste out of the two substances, which you’ll apply on the scars. For best results, let the dried paste stay overnight and rinse it in the morning.
4. Gram flour mask that helps with rejuvenation and wrinkles
Gram flour has been used traditionally to exfoliate and cleanse skin since ancient times. You should mix all the following ingredients to form a thick paste.
- 1tsp gram flour (besan)
- 1tsp honey
- A few drops of lemon
- A pinch of turmeric
Then, let it dry on your skin for about half an hour and rinse it off with cold water. Simple, right?
5. Get rid of extra oil on your skin
- Most people have oily skin, especially in the T-zone of their faces, where most of the acne show up. To prevent this, make a thick paste of rosewater and multani mitti powder and let it dry on your face overnight.
- An even more simple and one of the oldest tricks is probably cutting a cucumber and rubbing in the juice from the cucumber on your face, letting it dry and DON’T wash it off.
6. Remedy against dandruff
- Mix coconut oil with lemon juice and apply it to your scalp
- Mix yoghurt and powdered pepper and apply on your scalp. Yoghurt prevents the scaling on the scalp, while black pepper has antifungal properties.be careful while rinsing off, because you might get pepper burn in your eyes.
Share some “granny remedies” from your tradition and your family! Or just ask for some more natural remedies in the comments below, and we’ll be glad to help!